Today I received a most lovely surprise! A Prodigal Tourist, the writer of England Rents, Rants, & Raves surprised me with the very lovely, gratifying “Noblesse Oblige” award. I don’t know much about blog awards as I’m fairly new to blog writing but, it would seem that I am being recognized for the following:
1) The Blogger manifests exemplary attitude, respecting the nuances that pervades amongst different cultures and beliefs (I always try to do my best!);
2) The Blog contents inspire; strives to encourage and offers solutions (I confess, I do try to inspire people to read and listen to music!);
3) There is a clear purpose at the Blog; one that fosters a better understanding on Social, Political, Economic, the Arts, Culture and Sciences and Beliefs (The Arts all the way, baby!);
4) The Blog is refreshing and creative (I humbly thank you.);
5) The Blogger promotes friendship and positive thinking (I really am about friendship and positive thinking!).
The Blogger who receives this award will need to perform the following steps:
1) Create a post with a mention and link to the person who presented the Noblesse Oblige Award (done).
2) The Award Conditions must be displayed in the post (done).
3) Write a short article about what the blog has thus far achieved – preferably citing one or more, older post to support (OK).
4) The Blogger must present the Noblesse Oblige Award in concurrence with the Award conditions (this one’s easy).
5) The Blogger must display the Award at any location at the Blog (OK).
What has my blog has achieved so far? I’m not really sure, but I hope if anything, it’s to inspire others to read some of the wonderful authors or listen to some of the creative musicians or comedians whose work I have had the privilege of reviewing. I have been writing CD and concert reviews for a Kingston, Ontario entertainment website called PartyinKingston.com for 4 years. In March 2008, I started my own business called Scully Love Promo which focuses on internet promotion for authors and musicians, utilizing the major social networking websites and writing book reviews has become an extension of that business as well as it’s a hobby of mine that I love. Oh, and I was actually tweeted by British comedian, writer and actor Russell Brand who had this to say about my review of My Booky Wook: “Thanks for your review, it is very fair, except I would like at least one more star. Do it for our unborn sons. X” That was kind of cool!
I’d like to pass on this award to several people more deserving than I:
* Author Jane Porter at Janeblog for being a fabulous writer, and beautiful, positive, thoughtful woman who cares about her readers and is generous to a fault;
* Kari Anderson at All Things Kari Anderson for being a very positive, generous woman with her time, candle business woman extraordinaire, and for turning me on to Jane Porter’s excellent Mom Lit, and teaching me about online marketing and promotion and Squidoo in particular;
* Jill Crossland at Fabulously Over 40 for her integrity, creativity and for writing for fabulous women over 40; and
*Erudite author Diana Gabaldon at Voyages of the Artemis for writing my favourite novels of all time, the Outlander series, and for being such a classy, intelligent, witty lady who still takes time to write a blog when she usually has a novel deadline to meet.
Thank you everyone!