Like every single person I’ve worked with over the past four years as a social media manager and internet promoter, I have trouble promoting me. It’s not natural for most of us to toot our own horn – and I’m usually quite busy tooting the horns of others – but it’s the end of the year and I am very happy to report that 2011 has been the best year so far for Scully Love Promo!
Over the past year, not only have I doubled my income, but I’ve also:
- Worked as a social media manager and virtual assistant for several Juno-nominated musicians (as well as a Canadian Folk Music Award winner and CCMA nominee) and kept them organized and in the loop while on tour
- Assisted a music publishing company in getting 60,000 views of a single video on YouTube in 3 months
- Helped a Juno-winning musician reach almost 2,000 fans on Facebook in 5 months without using any paid ads or gimmicks
- Collaborated with an author, healer & public speaker with the launching of her successful social media marketing campaign that has resulted in the sale of hundreds of copies of her book
- Helped the creator of a 2D animated YouTube series to get noticed by the William Morris Agency in LA & Fashion Television
- Provided social media assistance and online promotion to three of my favourite Irish singer-songwriters, including Sir Bob Geldof
- Proofread and edited a 460 page World War II action adventure novel and created a WordPress blogging website for its author
I’ve done many other things as well, but those are some of the highlights. I continue to learn new things about social media and online promotion, build upon my skill set, talk to and work with the nicest and most interesting people, and relish the luxury of working from home (often in my pajamas!) for clients who truly appreciate what I do for them. This certainly beats the hell out of working for lawyers!
It is with sincerity, humility and gratitude that I thank the following people for trusting me with social media marketing, online promotion and virtual assistance this year:
Dave Moore (Roadmap Music)
Camille Blue Amy
Kindah Mardam Bey
Peg Campbelton & Michele Heaney
Jill Crossland & Connie Larsen
It has truly been my pleasure to work with you and I look forward to collaborating further in the future!
And to all my family and friends, both online and off, thank you for LIKING those Facebook pages I’ve invited you (see www.facebook.com/pages) to, for retweeting my tweets, watching all those YouTube videos, reading my blogs, and for being the awesome people that you are! I couldn’t do what I’m doing without you!
All my best for a fabulous & non-cataclysmic 2012,