Recently, I attended a webinar sponsored by Twitter on getting the most out of Twitter ads and I’d like to share the main points I came away with about how to do that. I’ve listed them in point form for ease of reference.
When creating a Twitter ad, these are the things that we must be aware of:
- Define your goal. What are you trying to promote?
- Tweet Best Practices – see https://business.twitter.com/best-practices
- Choose which metrics you will use.
- Engage with your audience.
- Ask questions that tie back to something relevant about your business.
- Use Rich Media = tweets with images and videos
- Select a campaign objective. You only pay when you get results.
- Grow your followers!
- Import your list of email contacts to your Twitter account.
- Drive traffic. Achieve this through referral traffic. Keep things simple and direct but give your audience a sense of urgency about what you’re trying to promote in your tweet.
- Track conversions.
- Consider using a website card (use an image) on a cost per click (CPC) basis. Learn more here: https://dev.twitter.com/docs/cards
- Choose a call to action phrase that best describes your objective.
- Don’t forget to engage with followers! Be conversational.
- Tweet about things relevant to your business and use #hashtags.
- Promote tweets for your best content.
- Lead Generation: develop LeadGen tools to help attract perfect followers/customers. Use relevant images with compelling copy with your LeadGen cards to make people feel special. Learn more here: https://blog.twitter.com/2013/capture-user-interest-with-the-lead-generation-card
- Consider installing apps by mobile app developers.
- Measure your results. This is very important! Use the Tweet Activity Dashboard. Learn more at https://blog.twitter.com/2014/new-tweet-activity-dashboard-offers-richer-analytics
- If you’re a large company in particular, you’ll need a marketing automation tool – http://marketing-automation.findthebest.com/ . I trust HubSpot. Try their free trial for 30 days at http://bit.ly/1qCiOUa
- Download this B2B Marketing Automation Tools 2014: A Marketer’s Guide: http://downloads.digitalmarketingdepot.com/Marketing_Automation.html if you’re a large company who needs Marketing Automation.
- Learn, optimize, repeat.
- Always follow up with your leads!
- Visit https://ads.twitter.com/getstarted?ref=ca-ps-go-branded-twad to get started with Twitter ads.
- You can tailor your audiences using geo-targeting (use postal codes or zip codes).
- Make sure your reach is broad enough.
For more articles on how to get the most out of Twitter ads, click here: http://bit.ly/1qB4Imr