FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
[Kingston ON, Canada] The Ambassador Hotel & Conference Centre, Kingston’s premier conference hotel, will be the backdrop for the inaugural Kingston Ontario Music Conference to be held on Saturday, October 3, 2015 from 10:00 A.M. through 11:45 P.M.
This FREE of CHARGE and non-profit initiative strives to become an annual forum to foster the professional development and exposure for local music performers, technicians, writers, producers, sound engineers and anyone involved in any aspect of the music industry.
KOMC is spreading the word throughout Eastern Ontario focusing on a population base of over one million people in a region that includes Kingston, Brockville to the east, Smiths Falls and Ottawa to the north and the Belleville-Trenton area.
Every musician and fan of music has heard about NAMM; consider this event eastern Ontario’s version of the National Association of Music Merchants, with many local extras. During this one day event, musicians and members of the public will have the opportunity to enjoy a spectrum of activities.
- Musicians can display their music product and merchandise in the KOMC Music Store, and then demo that product for retail.
- Everyone attending can visit exhibit booths of recognized name manufacturers such as Roland, Traynor, and Gibson plus meet up with upcoming local companies such as Trinity Amps. Product demonstrations are expected.
- Educational Resources and Funding resources will be highlighted with visits from Queen’s University, St. Lawrence College, Metalworks Institute, Ontario Arts Council and FACTOR.
- Businesses supporting this event include Renaissance Music, Kingston Soundworks, Tourism Kingston along with newly established Roswell Rehearsals, Creative Nest and Ironclad Graphics to mention a few
- Not to be missed are the Fireside Chats; guest speaker sessions that will cover various industry topics that include Songwriting, Education, The Business of Music, Social Media and Brand Marketing, and How to Get Your Music Into Movies with Lindsay Fellows Music Supervisor – Articulus Entertainment with such musical credits as The Chronicles of Narnia, The Imitation Game and Journey to the Centre of the Earth to name just a few.
- Come and meet some of Canada’s rising stars, and take an autograph home to remember.
- Capping off the event, a live music showcase featuring local schools of music and topped off with a musical show including many talented names from this region. Even some amazing activities for young children.
This widely inclusive, professionally distinguished and comprehensive conference promises to universally appeal to anyone and everyone with even the slightest sense or love of music! Let’s make this edition of the Kingston Ontario Music Conference the cornerstone of more to come.
— 30 —
For more information
By telephone: David Wreggitt (613) 572- 4205 / Stuart Roberts (613) 888-0837
Vendors, Exhibitors and Advertisers Welcomed
Click on link below to download PDF for: